Girls’ night is the one evening I look forward to most in the calendar. It’s penciled in once a month and regular as clockwork! It’s not always easy to get everyone together, but there are no excuses on girls’ night. Lately, we’ve been trying to come up with brilliant themes to keep things interesting. We let someone different pick the theme each time, so there’s no complaining. Today, I thought I’d share some of my favourites with you and give you a little inspiration. Naturally, each one is best accompanied by wine, snacks, and fantastic music.
- Game night – You can’t go wrong with the classic game night. Break out the old board games and challenge your friends to become the Cluedo Queen! Or, you could take the modern approach with the fantastically popular Cards Against Humanity. Trust me, you won’t stop laughing all night if you start playing.
- Film night – Nothing beats getting all teared up at a good movie! The trick is choosing wisely here. Rom coms are always a classic choice, but a scary movie can work just as well! Let everyone choose one film and then vote on it. You can’t argue with that logic, and you’re bound to end up with something most people like.
- Gambling – Every wonder why the boys are obsessed with their poker nights? Because it’s so much fun! Trust me, once you’ve learnt the rules and mastered a few bluffing skills, you’ll be raising the stakes and throwing your chips down. You could always start slow and play the lottery online. Start a syndicate and take your chances with the magic balls. You might only win a small amount, but you’ll still have fun.
- Wine tasting evening – This one went down a treat, let me tell you! You might not know much about wine, but here’s your chance to sort your Merlot from your Sauvignon. The concept is easy; everyone brings a bottle of wine of their choice and you each sample it. You’ll learn a little about the making of the wine, and you’ll drink far too much!
- Spa treatments – Spa treatment evening is a throwback to those old school sleepovers. You can get the makeup and hair products out and experiment to your heart’s content. Light the rooms with scented candles, create a relaxing atmosphere, and treat yourself! Put on some quiet music and just forget about the real world for the night.
- Book Club – We’re always chatting about the books we’re reading, so it made sense to devote a whole night to it. Everyone brings their favourite book of the last few months and tells the group about it. They explain the plot and the characters and why they love it so much. At the end of the evening, we all swap books or download our favourite on the Kindle. It’s such a good way to find new reading material!
Hope you found a good theme for your next girls’ night. Be sure to let us know how it goes!