We’re half way through the December month now and it’s getting colder in a morning darker earlier in an evening and I love it. Not the cold weather of course but the darkening of the evenings yes!
This morning I’ve been particularly tired after last minute Christmas shopping at Meadow
hall (hell) and its made me reflect on what I think Christmas actually means to me, when your little it’s all about getting presents from Santa and playing until your hearts content, now it’s a lot different. With me turning 21 next month it feels like I’ve grown up such a lot and not known where the time has gone.
My 5 Favourite Things About Christmas
1. Cosy Clothes, there is nothing better than cuddling up on the sofa in a pair of comfy pjs or joggers with your favourite pair of fluffy socks on, literally nothing! Being comfy is my up most favourite thing about Christmas!
2. Being around family, this is my joint favourite with being comfy, I love being able to cuddle up with my dad and step-mum watching a series we all like or having my younger sister come and cuddle up to me in my bed while we watch an old kids film. Best part is that I love cuddling up with my boyfriend in the Christmas period. Me and Alex don’t get to see each other on Christmas Day so our Christmas is on the 27th December (until we have our own place) which sucks but at the same time its the best of both worlds. We both get to spend actual Christmas with our parents and then the 27th through the new year is our Christmas time.
3. DISNEY MOVIES with the exception of Muppets Christmas Carol, I know this isn’t a Disney movie but it’s my favourite Christmas film. I will sit and watch Disney movies all day every day if I could. But sadly I have to work so I can’t. We have traditions in our home and since my dad and real mum split and he met my step-mum we have always had these traditions. We get up in a morning and watch Garfield’s Christmas Special and can you believe this is a VHS, YES A VHS (Video). Then we open presents and have dinner then we watch Aladdin on DVD we aren’t that old fashioned.
4. Christmas Dinner, I am a huge sucker for a roast dinner so Christmas dinner is my absolute favourite especially with all the trimmings! Even though there is four of us in my house, me, my dad, my sister and step-mum, my step-mum still cooks two meats for Christmas day so not only do we have a full small turkey we have a joint of pork too! Along with all the trimmings we could eat Christmas dinner for a week with all the leftovers.
5. Dressing of the tree and Christmas decorations of the house is probably my fifth favourite! It get’s me in the Christmas mood! I love putting up lights at my boyfriends parents house as his mum definitely loves Christmas. I love putting up the tree at my own home with my dad and younger sister who should love doing this more than me but it’s always me who ends up dressing the tree.
In a nut shell Christmas to me now is all about the people I’m with, I don’t need hundreds of presents anymore now that I’m older. Christmas to me is a time to share and spend with family and closest friends and you lovely people who read my blog. If you would like to hear about my top 5 Christmas films and a few Christmas recipes from me and my step-mum (she used to be a chef) let me know I’d love to share a bit of our Christmas with all you guys!
What does Christmas Mean To You?